Daily Intelligencer Feed
New York Magazine‘s coverage of today’s biggest news in politics, tech, and media
- What We Do and Don’t Know About the Omicron (B.1.1.529) Variantby Chas Danner on November 27, 2021 at 11:00 pm
More cases have been detected in Europe, while dozens of countries have announced new travel restrictions aimed at slowing the variant’s spread.
- The New Anti-Feminismby Sarah Jones on November 27, 2021 at 2:00 pm
Conservatives used to argue it was bad for men and women. Now they have dispensed with the pretense of caring about women.
- Frank Rich on His Friendship With Stephen Sondheimby Frank Rich on November 26, 2021 at 11:31 pm
A lifetime making sense of the extraordinary songwriter — as young fan; critic and “enemy”; and, by now, old friend.
- Republicans Can’t Bet on Finding Perfectly Trumpy Candidatesby Ed Kilgore on November 26, 2021 at 5:00 pm
The GOP thinks candidates who embrace Trump without going full MAGA are the key to winning the midterms. Good luck finding them.
- Merrick Garland Gets Political, Whether He Likes It or Notby Ankush Khardori on November 26, 2021 at 2:00 pm
Hated by the right and distrusted by the left, the attorney general is in a perilous position of his own making.
- Cheer Up, Democrats! You’ve Had It Worse Than This.by Ed Kilgore on November 25, 2021 at 1:00 pm
The Democratic Party has a lot of problems, but it’s faced similarly sticky situations before and survived.
- For Pete’s Sake, Stop the Presidential Buzz About Buttigiegby Ed Kilgore on November 24, 2021 at 8:56 pm
The secretary of Transportation has plenty of fish to fry without constant speculation that antagonizes Kamala Harris supporters to no good end.
- The Legal Uses of Blacknessby Zak Cheney-Rice on November 24, 2021 at 7:23 pm
Why attorneys in the Ahmaud Arbery case did — and didn’t— invoke his race.
- Jury Convicts All Three Men Accused of Murdering Ahmaud Arberyby Justin Miller on November 24, 2021 at 6:42 pm
Three white men chased a Black man through their neighborhood and killed him, in what has been likened to a modern-day lynching.
- Here’s the Best Strike for Most Peopleby Choire Sicha on November 24, 2021 at 5:17 pm
The Wirecutter stops typing.
- Jamie Dimon Quickly Backtracks on Mild China Jokeby Benjamin Hart on November 24, 2021 at 3:57 pm
He needs to stay on the country’s good side, and Xi Jinping isn’t known for his sense of humor.
- ‘I Want to Be a 21st-Century Trustbuster’: Zephyr Teachout on Her Run for A.G.by Nia Prater on November 24, 2021 at 2:00 pm
The progressive law professor who challenged Cuomo for governor explains why she’s back with a second shot for attorney general.
- Is the GOP’s Policy Agenda Hidden or Nonexistent?by Eric Levitz on November 24, 2021 at 1:30 pm
For a party that may soon have full control of government, its ambitions remain remarkably unclear.
- Super-Apps Are Inevitableby Scott Galloway on November 24, 2021 at 1:00 pm
Get ready for the first $10 trillion tech company.
- ‘Michael Always Says There’s No Coincidences’by Matt Stieb on November 24, 2021 at 12:00 pm
A demolition contractor turned numerology guru fills the void at the heart of QAnon, bringing his followers to Dealey Plaza to revive the Kennedys.
- There’s a New Crypto Land Grab Going Onby Kevin T. Dugan on November 24, 2021 at 12:29 am
A lot of people are suddenly betting that, in the metaverse, .eth addresses will be the new .com. So what is amazon.eth worth?