Daily Intelligencer Feed
New York Magazine‘s coverage of today’s biggest news in politics, tech, and media
- Nationalize Baby Formulaby Ross Barkan on May 20, 2022 at 3:49 pm
And other ideas to end the corporate stranglehold over mothers and children.
- Black Lives Matter’s National Organization Opens Its Booksby Sean Campbell on May 20, 2022 at 2:00 pm
What do they reveal?
- The Liberal Obsession With ‘Disinformation’ Is Not Helpingby Sam Adler-Bell on May 20, 2022 at 1:00 pm
Why the swift death of the White House’s disinformation board is probably a good thing.
- Money-Losing Season Is Hereby Kevin T. Dugan on May 20, 2022 at 11:00 am
It’s been a dismal year for everything from 401(k)s to cash savings to crypto. Expect more pain.
- Oklahoma Outdoes Itself in Race to Wipe Out Abortion Rightsby Ed Kilgore on May 19, 2022 at 10:58 pm
This heavily Republican state offers an unsettling glimpse at what politics will be like in a post-Roe America.
- What the World Needed Now Was a Monkeypox Outbreakby Benjamin Hart on May 19, 2022 at 10:55 pm
Experts say the risk of serious spread is low. Let’s hope they’re right this time.
- Tucker Carlson Used to Like Hunter Biden’s Nepotismby Matt Stieb on May 19, 2022 at 10:26 pm
Verified emails show that the Fox News host, who’s gone after Hunter for trading on his last name, asked him to write a recommendation for his son.
- A Lot of Democrats Are Mad at Sean Patrick Maloneyby Nia Prater on May 19, 2022 at 10:15 pm
His decision to challenge a fellow incumbent Democrat is rubbing many colleagues the wrong way.
- AOC’s New Fiancé Is Charmingly Normalby Josh Gondelman on May 19, 2022 at 9:31 pm
Riley Roberts seems supportive, unpretentious, and comfortable with being invisible.
- How Doug Mastriano’s Primary Victory Threatens the 2024 Electionby Ed Kilgore on May 19, 2022 at 8:31 pm
The GOP gubernatorial nominee in Pennsylvania backed Trump’s failed election coup in 2020 and could be well positioned to help him succeed next time.
- Debtors Can’t Wait for Biden to Ditherby Sarah Jones on May 19, 2022 at 6:04 pm
It’s been almost two years without permanent relief.
- George W. Bush Iraq-Ukraine Gaffe Raises Unanswerable Questionsby Margaret Hartmann on May 19, 2022 at 5:16 pm
I did not expect the Bush administration to conclude with a Jinx-like confession, and, frankly, I don’t quite know what to make of it.
- I, Too, Have a Human Formby Irin Carmon on May 19, 2022 at 3:00 pm
In Justice Alito’s draft opinion, the pregnant body is erased.
- Is the Democratic Party Giving Up Already?by Jonathan Chait on May 19, 2022 at 2:43 pm
Defeatism and passivity settle over Washington.
- How the GOP Abandoned Pro-choice Republicansby Ed Kilgore on May 19, 2022 at 1:59 pm
Over decades, the Republican Party became uniformly anti-abortion, leaving many pro-choice GOP voters stranded. They could be a problem for the party.
- Is the Justice Department Incompetent?by Ankush Khardori on May 19, 2022 at 12:00 pm
Federal prosecutors have suffered a string of high-profile losses that point to long-term institutional problems.