National Review Feed
Up-to-the-minute conservative commentary on politics, news, and culture
- In Defense of Tulsiby Michael Brendan Dougherty on October 21, 2019 at 10:51 pm
Her military service and independent streak give her the edge over increasingly paranoid Russophobes such as Hillary Clinton.
- Biden Holds on to Double-Digit Lead in New National Pollby Zachary Evans on October 21, 2019 at 10:00 pm
Former vice president Joe Biden retains a ten-point lead over Senator Elizabeth Warren in a national poll of likely Democratic primary voters released Monday.
- Bernie’s Big, Bolshie, Biden-Boosting Bashby Kyle Smith on October 21, 2019 at 9:54 pm
The Sanders circus comes to Queens.
- Facebook Takes Down Russian, Iranian Accounts Attempting to Meddle in 2020 Electionsby Mairead McArdle on October 21, 2019 at 9:40 pm
The accounts engaged in "coordinated inauthentic behavior" and were removed for their behavior rather than the content they posted, Facebook said in a statement.
- The Nobel Committee Dreams of a Post-Fossil-Fuel Futureby Mark P. Mills on October 21, 2019 at 8:21 pm
But that dream is far from becoming reality.
- Warren Calls on DHS to Allow Transgender Migrants Immediate Entry Into U.S.by Zachary Evans on October 21, 2019 at 8:05 pm
Under the Migrant Protection Protocols, the Trump administration requires asylum-seekers who arrive at the southern border remain in Mexico while their claims are processed through DHS and ICE.
- Netanyahu Fails to Form Government for Second Time This Yearby Zachary Evans on October 21, 2019 at 6:51 pm
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin (Bibi) Netanyahu has failed for the second time this year to form a government.
- Cruz, Ocasio-Cortez Join to Condemn Apple Decision to Pull Hong Kong Appby Mairead McArdle on October 21, 2019 at 6:03 pm
The app, HKMap.live, used crowdsourcing to let users know where police were positioned, as well as the locations of water cannons and tear gas.
- China Threatens $2.4 Billion Sanctions Against U.S. For Obama-Era Tariffs Casesby Zachary Evans on October 21, 2019 at 5:57 pm
China is seeking $2.4 billion in sanctions against the U.S. for non-compliance with a WTO ruling dating to the Obama administration.
- Supreme Court Throws Out Michigan Gerrymandering Ruling in Win for GOPby Mairead McArdle on October 21, 2019 at 4:45 pm
The Supreme Court granted the Michigan Republican party a win on Monday by throwing out a lower court ruling that required districts to be redrawn.
- The Supreme Court Is Poised to Strike Down a Major Obama-Era Agencyby Ilya Shapiro on October 21, 2019 at 4:35 pm
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau concentrates power in the hands of a single, unelected, unaccountable official.
- Buttigieg Surges to Third Place in Iowa Pollby Zachary Evans on October 21, 2019 at 4:12 pm
South Bend, Ind. mayor Pete Buttigieg has surged to third place in an Iowa poll of Democratic presidential candidates released Monday.
- For Laughter and Lawyersby Katherine Timpf on October 21, 2019 at 4:04 pm
Freedom of speech takes many forms, and we need your support for both of these.
- Warren Pledges to Ban for-Profit Charter Schools in New Education Planby Tobias Hoonhout on October 21, 2019 at 2:55 pm
Senator Elizabeth Warren released a far-reaching plan on Monday outlining her education-policy proposals that call for banning for-profit charter schools.
- Majority of Mexicans Say Organized Crime Stronger than Government after El Chapo’s Son Releasedby Mairead McArdle on October 21, 2019 at 2:51 pm
A majority of Mexicans see organized crime as more powerful than the Mexican government after government forces released the son of Joaquín Guzmán.
- Transgender Cyclist Wins Female Cycling World Championship, Claims Only Objections Come from ‘Losers’by Tobias Hoonhout on October 21, 2019 at 2:07 pm
Biological-male cyclist Rachel McKinnon won the women’s world championship on Saturday, and set a women’s world record in the qualifying event.