The Outline Feed
It’s not for everyone. It’s for you.
We want to tell you the most fascinating stories about power, culture, and the future every single day — and to tell those stories in a truly different way.
- Switching your phone to grayscale is a joyless experienceon September 18, 2019 at 6:55 pm
It’s not the color of your smartphone’s screen that makes it so addictive. It’s the fact that it’s a smartphone.
- Shane Gillis, Ms. Swan, and when it’s acceptable to make fun of Asianson September 18, 2019 at 5:14 pm
Of course the fired ‘SNL’ comedian was a ‘MADtv’ guy.
- “Everything blew through those houses, everything is gone.”on September 18, 2019 at 2:00 pm
Nearly three weeks after Hurricane Dorian, Bahama residents are left to recover on their own.
- No, “pedo guy” is not a harmless South African slang termon September 17, 2019 at 6:03 pm
Despite what Elon Musk says, it means a guy who is a pedophile! A pedo guy! Everywhere in the world it means that!
- Luxury is shiton September 17, 2019 at 3:00 pm
The future of communism should not involve gold toilets for all.
- What reparations might look likeon September 17, 2019 at 2:00 pm
How could reparations manifest at an individual and collective level, and what might this say about unrelenting systemic racial inequality?
- Please watch Fred Durst’s new movie starring John Travoltaon September 16, 2019 at 8:22 pm
‘The Fanatic’ is one of 2019’s most memorable — and exquisitely terrible — cinematic experiences.
- Dieting while Latinxon September 16, 2019 at 6:00 pm
“Wellness” sometimes comes at the expense of your culture.
- John Bolton and the end of coherent political narrativeson September 16, 2019 at 4:00 pm
Trump’s national security adviser was fired before he could even start a single war. What is this world we’re living in!
- I spent two years as a fugitiveon September 16, 2019 at 2:00 pm
In 1991, Seth Ferranti faked death after pleading guilty to a drug charge. He wound up on the U.S. Marshals’ Top 15 Most Wanted list.
- Tomorrow 175: Caroline in the cityon September 13, 2019 at 8:56 pm
Over the influence.
- What we loved this week: (Sandy) Alex G has a great new record, ‘The Lord of the Rings’ is better than the debates, Bob Ross shows us how to embrace our happy accidentson September 13, 2019 at 5:00 pm
Here’s the entertainment that got us through the week of September 9, 2019.
- This year’s hottest cultural trend is lemonson September 13, 2019 at 4:00 pm
Lemons have become the preferred accessory of influencers.
- A Good Place: Seeing the world through a spoonon September 13, 2019 at 2:05 pm
One of the best things about Instagram is finding users who break the expectations of the form.
- AAFU: How do I save money?on September 12, 2019 at 6:00 pm
I am finally in a position to get myself out of debt, but I don’t know how to stop spending frivolously.
- Using a spoon to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich is fine, actuallyon September 12, 2019 at 5:00 pm
Maybe using a spoon is actually even better than using a knife? I don’t know anymore.