The Outline Feed
It’s not for everyone. It’s for you.
We want to tell you the most fascinating stories about power, culture, and the future every single day — and to tell those stories in a truly different way.
- An undecided voter is probably listening to “Enter Sandman” right nowon November 14, 2019 at 9:06 pm
It turns out that people who don’t care very much about politics also aren’t that into music, either.
- How did Kendall Jenner get a copy of my book, ‘literally show me a healthy person’?on November 14, 2019 at 7:30 pm
Or, why Kendall Jenner should give me $100,000.
- Thank you, WebMd, but it’s not canceron November 14, 2019 at 5:30 pm
How the medical news and information site became the internet’s unofficial doctor.
- Pete Buttigieg is the media’s perfect boyon November 14, 2019 at 4:15 pm
Nobody gets the political press slobbering like a candidate incapable of saying anything at all.
- Cable television was perfect and we ruined iton November 13, 2019 at 9:00 pm
There is freedom in a lack of choice.
- “The explainer movie” is the biopic of our timeson November 13, 2019 at 7:00 pm
Movies like ‘The Laundromat’ don’t want to tell a story; they want to explain something like tax dodging.
- Why isn’t every cop trained to administer first aid?on November 13, 2019 at 5:00 pm
It might seem like a rhetorical question, but there’s no standardized training in emergency medical treatment for cops.
- Instagram’s rock ‘n’ roll Hall of Shameon November 13, 2019 at 3:00 pm
Catatonicyouths is probably your favorite musician’s favorite Instagram account.
- Postmodernism, explained and explained and explained againon November 12, 2019 at 10:31 pm
You don't need a whole school of philosophy to figure out Trump.
- If you’re over the age of 23, you’re not allowed to care what college kids are doingon November 12, 2019 at 6:30 pm
The Very Serious Journalists Who Do Journalism are mad about The Daily Northwestern’s coverage of a Jeff Sessions protest because they have nothing better to do with their time.
- “Dicey times in Bolivia”on November 12, 2019 at 5:51 pm
American pundits continue to have difficulty assessing what democracy looks like in other countries.
- You can’t do that on British television!on November 12, 2019 at 3:45 pm
Why some countries have actual rules against say, using a broadcast network as the defacto propaganda arm of one political party.
- Car loans are designed to screw youon November 11, 2019 at 8:41 pm
A third of car buyers who trade in their vehicle are underwater on their loan, leading to a never-ending cycle of debt.
- Donald Trump Jr.’s ‘Triggered’ is the work of a (rich) childon November 11, 2019 at 6:30 pm
This book sucks!
- Even the shitheads at Barstool Sports deserve a unionon November 11, 2019 at 5:00 pm
As rumors of a sale brew, the frattish sports site’s well-documented resistance to solidarity seems increasingly bankrupt.
- Calling right-wing provocateurs performance artists is an insult to performance artistson November 11, 2019 at 2:58 pm
Please do not disrespect people who circumcise themselves onstage by comparing them to Jacob Wohl.